Journeyman Pipe Fitter
Company: Mechanical Engineering and Construction Corporatio
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Journeyman Pipe Fitters: Look no further for your long-term
Join the award-winning team of construction and maintenance
professionals at MEC2 where you can look forward to incredible
stability and security in your career. Enjoy consistent year-round
work, industry leading pay, and a supportive company culture that
embodies safety, integrity, and professionalism.
MEC2 (Mechanical Engineering and Construction Corporation) is
searching for Journeyman Pipefitters to join the Commercial and
Industrial HVAC Service and Maintenance team in the general
DC/VA/MD Metropolitan area.
At MEC2, we build loyalty and trust by investing in our people,
offering not just industry leading benefits and pay, but extensive
training, job growth, and career opportunity.
Choosing to work with MEC2 is more than a job; it's a career with a
tight-knit team committed to helping you grow.
Why We Are Different:
- We are a large company with a personal touch.
- Our owners are actively involved in day-to-day operations.
- Our creativity is enhanced through constant dialogue and
- Our culture is built on Pride, Performance, Professionalism,
Loyalty, and Trust
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay for the area - Negotiable based on your years
- Full benefits package - Including medical, dental, vision,
life, disability, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k, educational
assistance, and more.
- Consistent year-round work.
- Local job sites - All site work will be in the metro DC/VA/MD
area. Daily travel will be required, but you can expect to be home
- Career growth - There are always opportunities to progress your
career here through continued training and advancement.
- Secure opportunity - This is not just a "one job and done"
position; You will be hired as a permanent long-term employee with
- Safety is the priority - Our goal is to send everyone home to
their families in the same condition they arrived each day.
- Award winning company reputation - We have been honored with
multiple awards through Associated Builders and Contractors,
including: 12 awards for "Excellence in Construction", 8 awards for
"Excellence in Safety", "Project of the Year" award for 2014 and
2016, and the "National Diversity Excellence Award" for hiring and
retention practices in 2015.
If the following describes you, we want to hear from you:
- Are a Journeyman Level Pipefitter or Gasfitter
- Have at least one of the following certifications: HVAC-R,
Welding, or Gas Fitting.
- Able to pass a background check and obtain security
- Directly responsible for and have experience with all phases of
central plant construction including boiler, chiller, and cooling
tower installation, coil connections, pumps, and heat exchangers.
- Read plans to perform necessary work.
- Perform layout.
- Maintain a complete set of tools.
- Responsible for company assets used on job site.
- Make purchases at local supply houses following Company
- Hold a valid driver license.
- Other duties as assigned.
About the Company: Unparalleled teamwork, dedication and
resourcefulness have helped MEC2 grow into one of the industry's
leading mechanical design and construction firms. With unwavering
commitment to our clients, our projects and each other, MEC2 has
grown into a company of over 150 tradespeople with two locations
proudly serving Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national
origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a
military veteran or any other characteristic protected by
Gmail Users: If you do not receive a confirmation email after
completing your application, please check your Spam folder just in
case the confirmation email was delivered there instead of your
inbox. If so, select the confirmation message and click Not Spam,
which will allow future messages to get through. For assistance,
please contact our Human Resources department at 443-200-1000.
Keywords: Mechanical Engineering and Construction Corporatio, Catonsville , Journeyman Pipe Fitter, Professions , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!