Posted on: September 17, 2023
The Institute for Operations Research and the Management
Sciences (INFORMS) the largest society in the world for
professionals in the field of operations research (O.R.),
management science, and analytics is looking for a dynamic,
creative, and enthusiastic Meetings Coordinator to join our amazing
team. - Join our 50-person staff team, we offer a hybrid working
environment with two days in our Catonsville, Maryland office.The
Meetings Coordinator reports to the Director of Meetings and
provides guidance and management for the development and
implementation of INFORMS meetings/conferences and is expected to
effectively manage a large portfolio of programs and activities
while also managing projects with assigned staff, vendors and/or
consultants.This position works closely with all other members of
the Meetings team to ensure complex meeting logistics, contracts,
and vendors meet the needs of the organizing committees, our
attendees, and INFORMS, overall.This rigorous fast paced role
requires in-depth knowledge of association meetings, contract
negotiation, continual learning and awareness of changes in
standard contract language, vendor utilization, and knowledge of
advances in meetings and conferences. A successful Meetings
Coordinator must have an ever-growing skill set, a consensus
building mindset, data curiosity, and adaptability to meet the
changing and challenging demands of INFORMS' meetings.DUTIES AND
- Ensure the success and profitability of our meetings and
conferences while helping the meetings department achieves its
- Strategize with the Director and other team members on meetings
goals and objectives and key performance metrics. Design and
maintain dashboards and reporting tools.
- Identify and effectively address any resource (staff, budget,
volunteer, etc.) issues.
- Collaborate on new conferences, discuss meeting initiatives and
provide historical data to best evaluate initiatives. Meeting
- Accomplish all aspects of meeting planning and management for
assigned meetings within established time frames and budget and
without significant deficiencies. This includes but is not limited
to: sourcing, budgeting, site recommendations and selection,
contract negotiations, comprehensive meeting room set-ups, exhibit
hall setup, audio visual specifications, food and beverage, special
event planning, monitoring hotel room blocks and contract
obligations, on-site management and post meeting reports.
- Work cross functionally and with other meetings staff and
volunteers to gather logistics requirements and provide information
and guidance. Work cross functionality with staff and volunteer in
other areas of INFORMS.
- Provide logistics management for assigned meetings which
include: pre-meeting logistics, floor plans with snapshot of
meeting space and event assignments, comprehensive agenda and
specifications, audio-visual requirements, exhibit hall logistics,
security, signage, manage housing list for staff and VIP's, staff
agenda assignments and continuous conference web site updates
- Participate at a high level in the planning process with
organizing committees, keeping them on track, developing the
program and adhering to deadlines.
- Actively support exhibits and sponsorship logistics as
- Provide onsite support for assigned meetings including
monitoring meeting rooms, food and beverage, set-ups and trouble
- Process invoices and contribute to budget planning, management
and reconciliation. Develop, monitor and adjust budgets as
necessary for assigned meetings with the expectation assigned
meetings will meet or exceed projected net revenue goals.
Significant deviations are identified and reported to Director,
- Contribute to continual process improvement through idea
generation, new technology and creative ideas to expand our meeting
& conference portfolio, increase efficiency, and enhance the
meeting experience for stakeholder's experience. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in a professional
association or related field/position .
- 3 - 5 years' experience in meeting management preferably in a
professional association or related field.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Certified in Exhibition
Management - (CEM), or similar designation(s) preferred. Agreement
to work towards a certification if one isn't already achieved.
- Ability to travel 3-6 times a year for week-long conferences
and site visits, as needed domestically and internationally. .
- Demonstrated experience, designing and executing meetings. Must
have a high level of independence, initiative and creativity to
meet goals, continually improve the meetings programs, and develop
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and
as part of a cohesive team within the department and across the
- Experience developing and managing a budget.
- Experience working with volunteers and association management
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, organizing and managing
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting data and
developing data insights into a strategic vision and operational
- A collaborative and flexible style. Needs to be a team leader
- An effective communicator, with exceptional oral and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft office is required. Database, abstract
software and meeting planning software is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of meetings, virtual meetings, meeting
apps and other novel technologies relevant to the industry.
- Must have the ability to perform moderately strenuous
activities when onsite.
- Ability to be work onsite during meetings with stamina to work
long hours as required at meeting site locations.PandoLogic.
Keywords: Conference Specialist, Location: Catonsville, MD -
Keywords: INFORMS, Catonsville , Meetings Coordinator, Other , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!