Direct Support Professional
Company: Abilities Network Inc
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Have a desire to help others? Enjoy community activities? Want to
grow with a multiple year winner of the Baltimore Sun's Top
Workplace award? Then Abilities Network is the employer for you!
We're looking for Direct Support Professionals to work as part of
our growing Community & Employment Partners Team, serving in the
Baltimore County West region. As a Direct Support Professional you
will support individuals with neurodiversity to work toward
personalized goals by utilizing and exploring their community's
resources. Abilities Network puts an emphasis on community based
participation, development and integration.
This is a great opportunity to join a non-profit organization with
an amazing culture and team environment. As well as a chance for
you to grow with us promotionally, professionally and
At Abilities Network, we cultivate inclusive communities through
relationships, innovation and high-quality services. We accomplish
this by living close to our values of respect, well-being,
reflection and courage and using them to guide our decision making.
If you want to contribute to an organization of people passionate
about using relationships to support the empowerment of others then
we have a position where you can make a difference!
Abilities Network offers eligible employees a comprehensive
benefits packaging including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life/AD&D Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- 403(b) plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Anniversary Day
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Mileage Reimbursement and Auto Allowance in every pay
- Employee Referral Bonus Program - earn up to $1,800 per
- As a non-profit, Abilities Network satisfies the employment
qualification for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
(PSLF) (Visit for more details)
Also included in every position:
- A Sense of Pride - Knowing you and Abilities Network are
assisting people find their path to independence.
- Making a Lasting Impact - You're making an immediate difference
in someone's life as well as the community they live in.
- Personal and Professional Growth - Recognized and transferable
certification opportunities, flexible scheduling, ownership and
responsibility for your position.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Assist individuals in working toward personal independence by
supporting the acquisition and incorporation of new skills and
building a system of natural supports.
- Driving is required for this position, you'll be transporting
individuals so your own personal vehicle, car insurance and valid
driver's license is required.
- Deliver customized services tailored to each individual's
preferences and personal goals.
- Provide on-the-job coaching to assist individuals in becoming
independent on the job.
- Encourage the development of individual's interpersonal
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college is preferred
but not necessary.
- Must have valid driver's license and positive driving record
with access to daily use of personal vehicle to travel within
- Excellent understanding of time management.
- Strong ability to think creatively and develop solid internal
and external relationships with resources in the community.
Find out more about us and apply at .
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage
all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit,
hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, and status as
a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or
any other category covered by applicable law.PI187008303
Keywords: Abilities Network Inc, Catonsville , Direct Support Professional, Other , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!