Lead Project Engineer - EE Hardware
Company: Stanley, Black and Decker
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Lead Hardware Engineer- Power Electronic Towson MD MUST LIVE
WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE FROM THE LOCATION
Make Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
Who We Are
We re the World s largest tool company. We design and develop the
tools that are used to change the world every day here in our
Engineering headquarters in Towson, Maryland. Our design teams are
involved with every step of the process bringing these world class
products to life. From conducting end user research to identify new
needs, designing and prototyping tools to ensure we meet our
customers high expectations, to creating robust tests to guarantee
the tools we make stand up to the toughest environments, our
engineers own every aspect of the process along the way.
Who You Are
An experienced Electrical Engineer with hands-on experience in
electronics and motor control design in a high volume, competitive
product setting. You have demonstrated that you can lead, coach,
teach, and develop talent in a past paced environment. You are
looking for a high-visibility role where you can make an immediate
and lasting impact on product and people. You re agile and
adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch
customer experiences, always.
What You ll Do
As a Lead Project Engineer, you ll be part of our Power Tools team
located in Towson, MD. You ll get to:
- Work closely with the Global Marketing, Engineering,
Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing teams to drive platform
strategy and roadmaps that support product portfolios across
multiple strategic business units while interfacing with members of
cross-functional product development teams in other
- Lead a team of Electrical Engineers in the research and
development of electronic hardware designs for brushless motor
control platforms, delivering concurrent product development
projects with a high degree of technical complexity and
- Direct team design of new products and platforms, modify
existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test
- Set deliverables and project timelines, reviews status, hold
the team accountable and help remove roadblocks.
- Effectively identify and communicate major technical and
schedule issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely
manner while driving appropriate actions.
- Mentor and develop team to harness their creativity, challenge
their current thinking, and propose new solutions that lead to
You'll also have:
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering a
- 9+ years of experience in Electronics design within a relevant
- 3+ years of experience managing, coaching, and developing
individuals and teams of 3 or more Engineers.
- A broad range of experience with a strong background in
- Understanding of electronics manufacturing and design for high
volume production and fault tolerant design practices.
- Experience in embedded systems and motor/motion controls
- Knowledge in some or all the following areas: switch-mode power
supply design, electric motor controls, lithium ion battery
management, DFMEA, AC/DC and brushless motors.
- Ability to travel globally as needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
What You ll Receive
You ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You ll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability,
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner
We want our company to be a place you ll want to be and stay. Being
part of our team means you ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to
grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources,
including our Lean Academy, Coursera and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we
have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes
locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and
sustainable business practices.
What s more, you ll get that pride that comes from empowering
makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world.
We re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security
solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered
fastening. We re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As
successful as we ve been in the past, we have so much further to
go. That s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran s status or any other protected
Keywords: Stanley, Black and Decker, Catonsville , Lead Project Engineer - EE Hardware, Other , Towson, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!