Infection Preventionist (RN, PT, OT & SLP)
Company: Erickson Living
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Charlestown is a beautiful 110-acre continuing care retirement
community located just minutes from Baltimore in the charming
neighborhood of Catonsville, Maryland. We're part of a growing
network of communities managed by Erickson Living, a national
provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11
Charlestown is looking for everyday heroes who want to make a
real impact in the lives of seniors. If you're ready to take your
career to new heights, join us. In addition to a rewarding career,
you'll enjoy an industry-leading total rewards package that
includes a competitive salary, an impressive package of health and
dental benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, tuition
reimbursement, 401(k) with employer contribution, opportunities for
career growth and advancement, and much more!
Erickson Living is looking for talented, motivated and driven
Infection Preventionists to educate, develop and enhance our
enterprise infection prevention programs. The Infection
Preventionist leads and promotes the Erickson culture of prevention
in infection disease management across the community and will
consult with all levels of the community leadership, working
closely with the medical team on all key decisions.
How you will make an impact:
- Manages and implements a campus-wide integrated infection
control and management program based on a culture of prevention and
- Collaborates with Corporate Infection Prevention designee to
validate Erickson standards & guidelines to ensure compatibility
with regulatory/governmental agencies and design and implement
ongoing infection prevention programs in partnership with Erickson
Health and Medical Group and Erickson Health and Wellness
- Responsible for the delivery of educational and training
program for campus staff on infection control/prevention and
- Oversees the infection surveillance program to guide
interventions and assists with identification of potential
infectious disease/detect outbreaks.
- Collaborates with Corporate Infection Prevention designee in
enhancing the process for data collection, analysis and
communication across the community. Conducts and implements audits
for all lines of business.
- Assists Corporate Infection Preventionist to disseminate
infection prevention guidelines and recommendations on
evidence-based practices including PPE, source control and
containment procedures during any infectious disease outbreak.
- Collaborates with campus leader to provide recommendations for
resource allocation during a pandemic and/or outbreak that are
compatible with national guidelines and Erickson culture.
- Responsible for the monitoring/review of the campuses'
infectious disease data and outcomes. Analyzes data from individual
departments to validate effective compliance with policies and
- Responsible for the identification of infectious disease
outbreaks and surveillance and manages the process for
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of the
annual infection prevention plan and updates the Enterprise
emergency preparedness plan (EPP) in conjunction with each
individual department leader as needed.
- Incorporates the Infectious Control and Management program into
the Community Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Program
(QAPI) program. Presents and provides reports on community
What we offer:
- Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student
loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Fully supplied, state of the art buildings
- Growth opportunities throughout the enterprise - Independent
Living, Continuing Care and Corporate
- A great benefits package including medical, dental and
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all
employees over 18 years of age
What we need:
- Graduate from Accredited School of Nursing RN Program (BSN or
MSN are preferred) or Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy,
Occupational Therapy and Speech/Language Therapy
- Must possess valid, current state license in which the
community provides service (RN, PT, OT or SLP)
- Experience with electronic medical record preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in healthcare leadership
- Minimum Five (5) years of experience in healthcare in clinical
- Preferred candidate will have Current Certification by the
National Certification Board (CIC) or comparable certification
- Expert level knowledge of TJC, CDC, OSHA and related regulatory
Erickson Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are
Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a
workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital
status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or
any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Erickson Living, Catonsville , Infection Preventionist (RN, PT, OT & SLP), Other , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!