Company: Erickson Living
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Charlestown is a beautiful 110-acre continuing care retirement
community located just minutes from Baltimore in the charming
neighborhood of Catonsville, Maryland. We're part of a growing
network of communities managed by Erickson Senior Living, a
national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in
11 states-and growing.
Charlestown is looking for everyday heroes who want to make a
real impact in the lives of seniors. If you're ready to take your
career to new heights, join us. In addition to a rewarding career,
you'll enjoy an industry-leading total rewards package that
includes a competitive salary, an impressive package of health and
dental benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, tuition
reimbursement, 401(k) with employer contribution, opportunities for
career growth and advancement, and much more!
Charlestown located in Catonsville, MD is searching for a
Fitness Specialist to join our team. The Fitness Specialist will
assess, monitor and develop individual fitness programs for
How you will make an impact:
- Performing fitness assessments which includes vital signs.
- Prescribing an appropriate exercise program to include
flexibility, strength and cardiovascular training.
- Educating and evaluating members on proper exercise
- Assisting with coordination and implementation of Wellness
- Maintaining a clean and safe fitness area for members.
- Building strong relationships with residents and staff,
encouraging them to be physically active.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision
and 401K with a match after 1 year.
- Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student
loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all
employees over 18 years of age.
- Gated community with 24/7 security.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our
values, vision and mission.
What you will need:
- Associate's degree in Health Education or related field
required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current CPR/First Aid certifications.
- Experience in evaluating fitness programs for seniors a
- Minimum of one year related work experience.
- Must have a Personal Trainer Certification. (ACE, AFAA, ACSM,
- Experience in teaching Group Fitness classes.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities
are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a
workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital
status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or
any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Erickson Living, Catonsville , Fitness Specialist, Other , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!