Erickson Senior Living, headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland is
a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses
in 11 states-and growing. Erickson Senior Living develops and
manages senior living communities and health services across the
country. We achieve industry-leading results in customer
satisfaction, driving high occupancy, and positive health
Erickson Senior Living is looking for everyday heroes who want
to make a real impact in the lives of seniors. If you're ready to
take your career to new heights, join us. In addition to a
rewarding career, you'll enjoy an industry-leading total rewards
package that includes a competitive salary, an impressive package
of health and dental benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours,
tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with employer contribution,
opportunities for career growth and advancement, and much more!
Erickson Living, one of the Baltimore area's premier employers,
is looking for an Assistant Editor for the Tribune, a bi-monthly
senior lifestyle publication mailed to hundreds of thousands of
readers across the country.
The Assistant Editor works closely with the Editorial Content
Manager to strategize, create, schedule, track, and review all
material for print and online publication of the Tribune. This
position entails the ability to successfully manage ongoing
assignments and projects, edit and write compelling copy,
prioritize deadlines, and meet the demands of a fast-paced
The position requires a passion for coming up with effective and
interesting content ideas, superior organizational skills, and the
ability to handle competing priorities.
How you will make an impact:
- Review articles and photos submitted by freelance writers; edit
articles and provide rewrite suggestions to conform to the
Tribune's style and editorial policy.
- Write headlines, captions, and additional copy as needed.
- Track content submissions from freelance writers; follow up on
late or missing items.
- Put final edited copy into InCopy editing program for layout
- Create and distribute pdf layouts of all print versions for
sales review and proofing.
- Double-check final proofing changes on all layouts.
- Obtain media releases from all content subjects in the
- Post editorial content on Erickson Living's website Create and
oversee annual deadline charts.
- Keep internal Tribune Style Guide up to date.
- Maintain newspaper samples for archive.
- Fill in for the Editorial Content Manager as needed for work on
- Develop reader engagement strategies for the Tribune across
print and digital platforms.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or English strongly
- 3 - 5 years of related experience required.
- Mac proficiency, expertise in Word, experience in Excel, with
experience with Adobe's InCopy editing software and Drupal CMS
platform a plus.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities
are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a
workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital
status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or
any other category protected by federal, state or local law.