Full-time Registered Nurse
Company: Human Touch Home Health
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Human Touch Home Healthcare is looking for Full-time Nurses (RN) to
assist our office in Silver Spring, MD.
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care
services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community
health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the
resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the
needs of individuals and families within their homes and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to
determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment
and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and
rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family
in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan
development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and
assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when
necessary and at least every sixty days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports any changes in the patient's condition;
obtains/receives physician's orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to
coordinate the care plan.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care
provided every two (2) weeks.
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice
professional nursing in the state.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good
- Minimum of two years' experience, at least one of which is in
the area of public health or home care nursing is preferred.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and
written communication skills; nursing skills per competency
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
home health aides.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position, or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and
equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or
crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing
- Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid In-service training
- Direct Deposit
Company Overview: Human Touch Home HealthCare has been around for
over 23 years, with multiple locations through Virginia, Washington
DC, Maryland, and Pennsylvania we offer one of the most
comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry
ranging from per diem to full-time. We provide skilled and
non-skilled care. Human Touch Home Health is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or veteran status
Keywords: Human Touch Home Health, Catonsville , Full-time Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!