Occupational Therapist Assistant OTA
Company: Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Occupational Therapist Assistant DescriptionSummary testTest An
occupational therapist assistant (OTA) works under the supervision
of a licensed test occupational therapist to assist with a
patient's treatment program in accordance with federal guidelines
and state practice acts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts resident screens (without interpretation) as allowed
by state practice act.
- Helps residents with rehabilitative activities and exercises
outlined in a treatment plan developed in collaboration with an
- Monitors an individual's activities to make sure they are
performed correctly and to provide encouragement.
- Records resident's progress for use by the occupational
- May assist in scheduling appointments, answering the telephone,
restocking or ordering depleted supplies, and filling out insurance
forms or other paperwork.
- Provides training to residents, caregivers and families
according to the resident's care plan.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with
company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Occupational Therapist
- Associates Degree from a AOTA accredited program.
- Licensed COTA if required by state law.Physical Demands &
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to
stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel,
see, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or
other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position.
Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center in Catonsville, MD is
a 134-bed center offering a variety of individualized, health care
services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified
and committed team member to join our efforts in providing quality
care in all aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the
following team member opportunity and apply today!We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Keywords: Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, Catonsville , Occupational Therapist Assistant OTA, Healthcare , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!