Company: AutoZone, Inc.
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Manager in Training (MIT) position is expected to be a
short-term transitional role that provides both work assignments
and training opportunities to prepare MITs to be promoted into
Retail/Commercial Store Management positions. From the date of
entry into the AutoZone MIT program, it may be possible to progress
to a management position within approximately 8-12 weeks, depending
on the prior experience and performance of the MIT.
An MIT is a member of the management team. As a member of
management, an MIT will be expected to Live The Pledge, deliver
WOW! Customer Service, and drive store execution and performance.
Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the MIT will maintain
an engaged, productive store team through strong leadership,
demonstrating initiative and leading by example.
The MIT is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the
overall operation of the store to include:
* Overall store retail/commercial management, supervision, and
* Financial management - manage, analyze and reconcile monthly
* Employee staffing, training, and development
* Inventory management
* Customer service leadership
MITs are also responsible for completing operations and management
skills training, and learning about key aspects of the business and
AutoZone culture. MITs must maintain satisfactory performance and
must demonstrate consistent progression through the training
program in order to remain in the pipeline role and be considered
for management openings.
Note: Selection for the MIT position does not guarantee promotion
into a Store Manager/Commercial Sales Manager position. Whether and
when an MIT is actually promoted to management is dependent on a
variety of factors, including but not limited to performance and
availability of management openings.
* 1 -2 years of previous experience as a retail manager or
* Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including morning,
night and weekend shifts, and to work overtime as needed
* Bilingual preferred, but not required
* Previous automotive experience preferred, but not required
* Previous experience analyzing company financials including Profit
and Loss Statement preferred, but not required
Keywords: AutoZone, Inc., Catonsville , Manager Trainee, Executive , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!