Posted on: April 10, 2021
-This-Boeing Intelligence & Analytics-is seeking
a-DevOps-Systems-Engineer-to join a team which is responsible for
provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and
maintenance of systems hardware and software and related
infrastructure. This teams participates in technical research and
development enabling continuing innovation within the
infrastructure and ensuring system hardware, operating systems,
software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational
values.DevOps-Engineer duties include: -
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware,
operating system, storage, applications, in accordance with
standards and operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where applicable
automate approaches for system administrations tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key
processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying
completion of scheduled job.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
Coordinate and communication with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades, upgrade system administration
tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as
- Perform on-going performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and
resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk
partitions as required.EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related Technical Field may be
substituted for 4 years experience.REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- An Active TS/SCI with polygragh
- 15+ years experience performing and providing technical support
to hardware, software, and applications.
- 7+ years experience providing technical guidance to mid-level
- Experience- developing technical documentation.
- Technical experience to include:
- Strong UNIX/Linux systems administration skills, including
configuration, troubleshooting, and automation.
- Development of back-end systems software that improves
sustainability and operations.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Fluency in at least on scripting/code language such as Ruby,
Shell, Python, or Java.
- Writing software for configuration management systems (Puppet,
Chef, Ansible) in production environments.
- Experience configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging
solutions for operations such as Nagios, Collectd, logstash, Kafka,
- Solid web infrastructure fundamentals: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP,
cashing REST, and scale out.
- Configuring Java application servers such as Tomcat or
- Configuring WWW servers such as apache, nginx, or haproxy.
- Experience using distributed source code control such as Git or
- Experience with security accreditation process for our
- Knowledge of the Java development process and use of
- Knowledge of Apache Mesos and/or Linux cgroups. BI&A is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race,color,
religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability
Keywords: BOEING, Catonsville , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!