Senior Project Accountant
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: November 22, 2022
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our 4x repeat client has been in the engineering industry for
over 30 years!
- Due to growth, they are adding a Senior Project Accountant to
their team to work from their Catonsville, MD office. They are
looking to have this employee start on a contractual basis and
become permanent fairly quickly if they are the right fit.
- This person must have the desire to learn and grow with this
company and eventually become an Accounting Manager!
- The company has been described as relaxed, flexible, and has a
family feel. They pride themselves on doing many employee
engagement activities like crab feasts, happy hours, football
games, escape rooms, and more!
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30-4:30 PM with a one-hour lunch. Can
be flexible if needed
- 100% in office in Catonsville, MD. This position will not be
remote. After training, they are open to a hybrid schedule!
- Some of the employee reviews include things like:
- "Interesting projects, very laid back office culture."
- "Provides a great work environment with friendly people." Job
- Prepare and process contract billings, accounts receivable, and
general ledger entries
- Perform collections as needed
- Submit invoices to the client-vendor pay system
- Perform financial analysis and bank reconciliations
- Periodically prepare regulatory reports with the local and
- Contract administration and financial reporting
- Assist with the month and year-end close activities
- Process monthly sub-consultant payments
- Process cash receipts and handle collections activities as
needed Ideal Candidate for this Position:
- Must have the desire to learn and grow and get promoted!
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and excellent communication
- Possesses multitasking abilities, excellent problem-solving and
decision-making skills, and is able to work in a fast-paced
- Analytical mindset and time management abilities
- Has a positive attitude and is willing to take on any
- Must enjoy working with a variety of different people
Qualifications for the Project Accountant:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related required
- 7+ years of accounting experience required
- Intermediate Excel skills- knowledge of pivot tables, VLOOKUP,
and formulas is a plus!
- Experience with Deltek Vision is a plus
- Experience in the engineering, construction, or professional
service industry is a plus! CB2
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Catonsville , Senior Project Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Catonsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!